Abroad Terms & Conditions
Whereas I, the undersigned have engaged Good Group, LLC (D.B.A. Abroad) to manage arrangements for professional training, accommodations, local tours, events and other services as to which I have agreed (“The Abroad Quest”);
And Whereas it is a condition of participation in the Abroad Quest that I have read and understand that there are limits to the liability of Good Group, LLC based upon the fact that I will be visiting a foreign country with its own laws and customs, and Good Group, LLC will be engaging subcontractors on my behalf;
I hereby confirm that I have read and understand the following:
1. It is hereby understood that the standard of care of Good Group, LLC is limited to that of an ordinary training company and tour operator to make reasonable inquiries as to the reliability and reputation of any sub-contractors or agents. It is further understood that the resources of Good Group, LLC are limited in that regard by its company headquarters being based in the USA, and the fact Good Group, LLC is not a licensed tour operator at my destination(s), and therefore must engage sub-contractors and agents and is without staff or permanent agents at my proposed destinations. It is also acknowledged that I am responsible to make my own independent investigations or inquiries if I have any concerns.
2. I hereby confirm that I assume the normal risks of travel to my intended destinations and participation in the activities I am seeking, confirm that accidents, property damage, serious bodily injuries, and fatalities can occur during travel and confirm that any recourse I may have therefore will lie only directly against the airlines, hotels, inns, restaurants, travel agencies, transportation providers, tour guides, visited sites or other contracted entities and employees or associates thereof. I understand that if I choose to travel in the ocean, on highways, railways, roads, or streets I do so at my own risk and release Good Group, LLC from liability for any damages, injuries, or death that might occur to me or anyone else.
3. Knowing that risks exist I hereby release and save harmless Good Group, LLC, its employees, agents, and volunteers, from any liability whatsoever in relation to the arrangements and my participation in the programs or tours arranged, provided however that nothing in this document relieves the liability of any contractor and Good Group, LLC from liability arising from deliberate acts by their employees or fraud or theft by them.
4. I understand that I am responsible to purchase and must have in place insurance for overseas health care for sickness or injury, trip cancellation and emergency repatriation to my home and confirm that I will make no misrepresentation respecting the status of my current health to my insurer.
5. Valid Passport: I acknowledge that I must be in possession of a valid passport required for entry, departure and travel through each destination point along the itinerary of the tour (passport must be valid 6 months past the return date); all visas, permits and certificates including vaccination certificates, insurance policies, required for the whole of the Abroad Quest. I accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the event, and I am solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation. Any information or advice given by the Good Group, LLC regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is purely advisory, provided as a courtesy to me, and Good Group, LLC is not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided by third parties such as the appropriate governmental authorities.
6. I understand that Good Group, LLC is not responsible for any possessions that I take with me as I travel, that they may be at risk, and acknowledge that I have been advised to minimize the value of possessions and to acquire insurance for the loss or theft of valuable possessions and that my standard homeowner coverage is likely inapplicable. (i.e., leave the diamonds, gold, cash, important hard-drive data and superfluous camera lenses at home.)
7. I understand that there are strict laws at my intended destination respecting possession of banned substances or participation in inappropriate conduct, including but not limited to, inappropriate sexual contact and drug use. I agree to abide by the laws of the land, and understand that Good Group, LLC has a zero tolerance policy for breaches of local laws which will result in immediate termination of our arrangement. Following such termination Good Group, LLC will have no further responsibility for me or further obligation to provide services.
8. I understand that there is a $500 late fee for every week that payments are late from being received on their allotted due dates as noted on your invoices.
9. I understand that my initial deposit is non-refundable and that if I have negotiated a payment plan with installment dates failure to make an installment on the scheduled date including account closures or stop payments will result in cancellation of my place on the Abroad Quest and all amounts paid at that time will be forfeited as liquidated damages without prejudice to the right of Good Group, LLC to recover any additional losses.
11. I understand that my deposit is non-refundable, but can be used towards any tour in the future within one year (with a maximum of one cancelled Abroad Quest for each deposit, which will afterwards then be considered null & void.)
12. I understand the following cancellation policies regarding cancelling my participation, and all of the potential monetary consequences that result from such:
- If my participation in an Abroad Quest is cancelled more than 60 days prior to starting date, all payments (except for your deposit) are refundable.
- If my participation in an Abroad Quest is cancelled more than 30 days prior to starting date, 50% of all payments (except for your deposit) are refundable.
- If my participation in an Abroad Quest is cancelled before 30 days to the starting date, no refunds are given.
- Cancellations must be in writing and received by midnight pacific time to be eligible for the bracketed refund periods.
19. I understand that Good Group, LLC has the right to cancel any Abroad Quests 30 days prior to the starting date if there is not enough people for the Abroad Quest. I can choose to get a full refund or choose another departure date.
20. Finally, I understand that Good Group, LLC reserves the right to cancel any Abroad Quest, or make any changes to itineraries and dates without refund when such occasions are determined by circumstances that are outside Good Group, LLC's control (i.e. travel providers like airlines cancelling due to dangerous weather, natural disasters, war or insurrection).
21. At check in the hotel will require a credit card for any amenities and food and beverage service I purchase. I am responsible for the payment of any extra charges to the room during my stay.
22. In the unlikely event that damage to any Hotel property occurs as a result of my actions, I agree to assume all liability and expense. The Hotel may charge my credit card on file for all such charges.